faces of freedom
ABOUT THE PROJECT
LifeQuest Transitions is a non-profit organization helping veterans transition to civilians. They were putting on a live event called Faces of Freedom at the World Arena in Colorado Springs for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 to honor veterans and to raise awareness about the issues today's veterans face. LifeQuest asked me to create all of the visuals for Faces of Freedom, co-direct the event and help them tell their story. In addition, LifeQuest hosted the first Songwriting With Soldiers workshop teaming famous country singer/songwriters with veterans to write songs to be performed live on-stage at the event. My goal was to personalize Faces of Freedom through powerful visuals and video stories.
Faces of Freedom premiered to a live audience of over 3000 people at the World Arena in Colorado Springs. It was an emotional night with tears of joy and sorrow and there is talk about bringing it on tour. For me, the best reward was the standing ovation the soldiers received.
CLIENT LifeQuest Transitions
CREATIVE SERVICES Creative Director, Producer, Video Production, Photography, Live Event Direction
- Series of authentic, character driven mini-documentaries focusing on issues today's veterans face
- Fundraising video telling the story of LifeQuest Transitions
- Series of music videos introducing live performances of songs written by soldiers
- Documentation of the first Songwriting With Soldiers workshop - video and still footage
- Live event direction
- Conducted live, on-stage interviews
- Edited slideshows
- Archive of photographs and video interviews of soldiers and program executives and staff.
a live event on 9/11 to honor the veterans and recognize the issues today's veterans face such as post traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury, wonded warriors, songwriting with soldiers.